• Listings of popular Post & Go stamps are brought right up to date, with clear notes describing
stamps from different machines and the Type IIIA stamps from Royal Mail Series II machines are fully
listed and priced. Separate illustrated tables give details of those only available at exhibitions and
• Further improvements to the Machin and Post & Go sections make the 2020 Concise the perfect
catalogue for the modern GB collector, as well as the more traditional philatelist.
• Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Stamp Catalogue lists and prices all British stamps from 1840 to 31
• Every different stamp design is illustrated in full colour.
• Listings include changes of watermark, perforation, shade and phosphor.
• First day covers, Royal Mail postage labels, Post Office (PHQ) Cards, presentation packs, booklets,
postage dues, regionals, official stamps, postal fiscals, PO telegraph stamps and Post Office label
sheets (Smilers) all listed and priced.
• Gutter Pairs and “Traffic light” Gutter Pairs listed and priced in mint sets.
• First Day Covers for Special Issues from 1924 and for King Edward VIII, King George VI and Queen
• Prestige Booklet panes included for Queen Elizabeth II.
• All British Post Office special First Day of Issue postmarks are priced on cover.
• Quick reference diagrams for listed Machin decimal booklet panes.
• Visible plate numbers listed for Victorian stamps including Telegraphs.
• Unmounted and mounted mint prices given for stamps issued between 1887 and 1935 and on-cover
prices from 1840 to 1911.
• Major errors, including double or missing colours, imperforates, missing phosphors and embossing
errors listed and priced.
• Helpful introductory section providing philatelic definitions and guidance for the collector.
• Comprehensive indexes of Machin definitives.
• Commemorative Design Index.
• Useful tables of postage rates contemporary with NVIs.
• Inverted, reversed, sideways and major watermark errors are listed and priced.
• Includes simplified listings of specimen overprints.
• Post Office Yearbooks and Year Packs.
• Post & Go stamps fully listed with helpful background information and comprehensive notes on the
various machines, inscription types, date codes and errors provided by John M Deering.
NEW FOR THIS EDITION:
• The Queen Victoria line-engraved issues have been revised and updated in line with the
forthcoming volume of the Great Britain Specialised Catalogue.
• New listings added this year include the ‘Spectacles’ variety on the Plate 4 2d. blue.
• Security Machin, Post & Go and modern booklet tables all brought up to date by John Deering.
• Additional postage rate tables give contemporary values for all NVI stamps from 2010, including
Post & Go, Recorded, Signed for and Special Delivery issues. Apart from providing the current postal
values of such NVI stamps, the information will be of value to modern postal historians and also
identifies the original purpose of each Machin definitive.